Continental Trail King ProTection+Apex 29×2.4″ Folding
- This tyre shines on enduro bikes and “all mountain” bikes with a suspension travel of greater than 140mm, thanks to its comfortable and voluminous casing
- Multitude of small knobs guarantee best traction on any difficult trail
- Excellent puncture resistance and maximum stability thanks to ProTection TubelessReady insert and Apex stiffening
- Excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- Dimension (ETRTO): 29 x 2.4“ (60-622)
- Technologie: ProTection Apex
- Compound:BlackChili Compound
- Model: black/black Skin, folding
- TPI: 4/240
- PSI: 45-58 (3.0-4.0 bar)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Trail King ProTection Apex 29×2.4″ Folding
The hard way!
- Better than ever before, the new Continental ProTection casing. The extra all-round puncture protection layer renders the casings especially durable and insensitive to damage or penetration from foreign elements. Treads and sidewalls are equally protected, and are 25 % lighter and offer 30 % more puncture protection than their predecessors protected by DuraSkin®. Rolling resistance and absorption has also significantly improved. The new Made in Germany technology allows it to withstand even the hardest trails across the world.
- What’s more: they’re universally usable, are inspired by BlackChili Compound and have an Easy, fast, safe Designed without compromise for use in mountain bike racing: The RaceSport casings combine consistent lightweight construction and noticeable superior puncture protection at the highest level. In cooperation with renowned professional mountain bikers we have created the perfect basis for competition tyres. Handmade in Germany, they offer rolling friction and puncture protection of World Cup quality. The structure makes the difference: a particularly fine and flexible nylon fabric with elaborately manufactured protecting rubber lining and universal aesthetically pleasing sidewall design. The new Revolution Tubeless Ready Bead improves the application of Tubeless Ready Tyres. For optimal results with sealing for tubeless use and whilst riding, we recommend the application of the new Continental RevoSealant
- The new discipline is called Enduro, which has been becoming increasingly popular for some time now. It is the technical challenge of rapid, hard descents and exhausting ascents. This requires the combination of a puncture protecting construction and fine rolling characteristics as well as excellent grip. The proven ProTection layer protects the tyre reliably against cuts and puncturing without significantly increasing the weight. The additional apex side wall stabilisation reliably protects the tyre against puncturing even if the tyre pressure is low. There is also the option of weight optimisation by driving the tyre together with the Conti RevoSealant “TubelessReady”. With an anti-skidding BlackChili Compound tread optimum pairing is achieved when efficiently driving uphill and downhill puncture-free.
- In the research and development laboratories for Continental bicycle tyres in Korbach, Germany, the staff and engineers have been looking for the solution to one of the fundamental problems of tyre construction: The running properties of the rubber compound of a tyre are largely determined by three interacting factors: static friction (grip), rolling resistance and mileage. The dilemma is that you improve one of these factors, and in turn, worsen at least one other factor. A tyre with maximum grip wears out faster and rolls slower. If one makes the tyre faster or more durable, then this in turn reduces grip. With the then current highest standard of compound technology, the Activated Silica Compound having already reached a very high standard of compromise, our developers wanted to take compounding to an even higher level. This lead them to venture into new territory, exploring new ways so that in 2005 they made a breakthrough in mixing technology, the first steps to what is now known as BlackChili. This revolutionary compound is based on the latest findings on polymer and other raw material research.